Thursday, August 16, 2012

Breast Cancer Sucks! You Can Help Find A Cure!

Hello there! I have less than 30 days left to reach my personal fundraising goal for the Susan G Komen 3 Day for the Cure! You can help more than you know by supporting my efforts, and in exchange... I will do the walking for you! 60 miles over 3 days... whew! Training is gearing up... 18 miles this Saturday. We will be the one's in pink! When you see us out walking... Honk your horn, wave, and show us your encouraging smiles! See donation links at bottom of this letter to donate on line or by mail~thanks!
One woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every two minutes in the U.S., and somewhere in the world every 19 seconds. And every 74 seconds ~ someone dies from breast cancer. That is why I am walking and fundraising for the 3-Day. I will join thousands of walkers and crew members in the Susan G. Komen Seattle 3-Day. I am walking 60 miles over three days to demonstrate my determination in finding a cure for breast cancer. Because everyone deserves a lifetime. Chances are that you know someone who has been affected by breast cancer in their lifetime. Consider your donation as a powerful tribute to them. Every mother, every aunt, every sister, every daughter deserves a life without breast cancer.
I served as a crew member on the (Judy Kent) 3-Day kitchen crew, giving my all in service to the walkers for three days. The work I did supported thousands of dedicated walkers and required that I rose before dawn, and worked late into the evenings – I actually loved the two nights in a pink tent! It was an amazing experience each year getting to know the survivors and meeting many wonderful women and men whose lives were all touched in some way by breast cancer. I too have family and friends who have battled breast cancer and other cancers.
I had been on training walks with the Olympia/Lacey team of Hello Cupcakes each season, but remained a kitchen crew member ~ and loved every minute! Everyone on the Hello Cupcake team has a “Cake” name; and last year while training with them, I was asked why I continued to train if I was going to be a crew member? When I explained that I loved to just soak in all the inspiration from their encouraging stories of struggle and survival and determination... I was named “Sponge Cake” and decided right then that the next year I wanted to do more! Well, it's next year! Although my summer was filled with much busyness with a total of 3 family graduations and my son's wedding... I recently managed to get my 2012 training and fundraising underway.
I am raising a minimum of $2300 in donations. I had a huge yard sale and raised $175 in sales/donations and have another planned for Sept.1st. This cause is very important to me, and with my determination and your support too, I know that I can do this!
Susan G. Komen™ works hard to build a future without breast cancer, and my goal is to help bring us closer to that goal. Net proceeds support ground breaking research and scientific programs as well as grants fro education, screening and treatment programs at both the national and local level. No breast cancer organization provides more support than Komen. Millions of women rely on Komen everyday. Please consider matching my $60 donation today, or out give me! You can donate at The3Day.org ~ under my name, or by using my personalized enclosed donation form ~ in any amount that works for you. No donation is too big – or too small.
 
See how your donation could be used:
$35 (Could be used to provide the cost of patient transportation to a treatment session.)
$60 (Could be used to support a 3-Day® walker for her/his 60-mile journey.)
$120 (Could be used to provide the cost of a life-saving mammogram.)
$250 (There are 2.5 million breast cancer survivors in America.)
$585 (The average 3-Day walker will walk 585 miles while training.)
$1150 (Get your 3-Day walker halfway to their fundraising goal.)

Thank you for your support,
Sincerely,
Kelly Lynne Murray
Participant ID: 2931836
Seattle; Hello Cupcake
***My Personal Page:Highlight the link below and open in a new tab to donate online:
 
http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2012/SeattleEvent2012?px=2931836&pg=personal&fr_id=1769
P.S. Don't wait – please donate today!


Susan G. Komen 3-Day™. BECAUSE EVERYONE DESERVES A LIFETIME®.

©2012 Susan G. Komen™

To mail in a donation; please print the document from the following link. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment