Saturday, September 8, 2012

Interview for Preschool Interpreter Position Thursday... your advice?

I'm excited and nervous. I am interviewing Thursday for 2 Preschool Interpreter positions... last interview I was on, my first for such a position... I kinda blew it on the Pokey Little Puppy on the spot interpretation. Totally forgot the sign for running... been practicing since. What advice can you offer regarding interviewing in general? Interviewing for an Interpreter position specifically? Interpreting a preschool story book on the spot? Do we fingerspell the author/illustrator's names to a 3 year old? I wouldn't read the names out loud to a Hearing child... so why would I fingerspell the names to a Deaf child? Your thoughts are requested... thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment